On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Greg Warner <gdwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been thinking a little about a potential tables implementation for zim
> wiki.
>
> This page (http://zim-wiki.org/wiki/doku.php?id=support_tables) suggests
> using TreeView.
>
> Why is it that we can't just use gtk.Table (layout widget) ?  Use it to
> layout several zim text buffers and throw them in a container widget (if
> necessary).

This implementation has been discussed before on this list. This is indeed a
way this could be implemented. But to you would need to think about
programming controls to insert / delete rows, and about controls to move the
cursor from one cell to the next etc. All this can be done, but it is a
significant amount of work.