On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Iago Mosqueira <iago.mosque...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been thinking about setting up my zim wiki in the folder
> structure of $HOME, so notes in folders are placed exactly where they
> best belong, together with the files for that particular issue.
>
> The only showstopper is that folders/namespaces in zim are formed by a
> folder and a text file, so I would end up with lots of files with no
> content, in my case, cluttering up the filesystem. So, for example, I
> would have
>
> $HOME/Projects/
> $HOME/Projects.txt
> $HOME/Projects/First.txt
>
> when I would rather have
>
> $HOME/Projects/
> $HOME/Projects/First.txt
>
> So no file for a namespace that has only child pages but no content itself.
>
> Is this doable at all with the current code? Would it be possible by
> hacking at zim's code without too much getting broken?

Actually this behavior depends on how you create the pages. In this case I
assume you first did "new page" Projects and then "new page" First.
Effectively asking zim for an empty page "Projects". However if you click
"new page" and then immediately tpye "Projects:First" it will not create
the empty page. Alternatively you can navigate directly to the
not-yet-existing page, for example using "jump to", and start typing, also
in that case there will be no empty parent created.

REgards,

Jaap