On 23 February 2012 10:57, Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Iago Mosqueira <iago.mosque...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to modify the Calendar.txt template when used in weekly mode
>> to show
>>
>> ===== Mon 1 Jan =====
>>
>> ===== Tue 2 Jan ======
>>
>> and so on. The calendar plugin only gives variables for the start and
>> end dates of the week, so how I can tell strftime to output the other
>> days? I tried with
>>
>> strftime("%a %d %b", calendar_plugin.date + datetime.timedelta(days=1))
>>
>> but did not work. I am probably doing something very wrong, as I have
>> never programmed in python before.
>

> The reason it does not work is that the template does not allow arbitrary
> python code. The few functions that are available are hard coded in the
> template formatting.
>
> So doing something like this would require additional functions to the
> template engine.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jaap

Hi,

Many thanks for the quick reply. I have hacked calendar.py slightly to
achieve what I wanted, by exporting mon_date to fri_date. Please find
a diff file attached, but this cannot probably be considered a proper
submission, first python ever for me.

Regards,

Iago
87,91d86
<                       mon_date = date + datetime.timedelta(1)
<                       tue_date = date + datetime.timedelta(2)
<                       wed_date = date + datetime.timedelta(3)
<                       thu_date = date + datetime.timedelta(4)
<                       fri_date = date + datetime.timedelta(5)
110c105
<       return type, date, end_date, mon_date, tue_date, wed_date, thu_date,
fri_date
---
>       return type, date, end_date
252,256d246
<                               'mon_date': daterange[3],
<                               'tue_date': daterange[4],
<                               'wed_date': daterange[5],
<                               'thu_date': daterange[6],
<                               'fri_date': daterange[7],