On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Jaap Karssenberg <
jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The hidden folder and the index database are only a cache to speed up
> operations. The headers give information like creation time and
> modification time of the page, in my opinion this is actual content that
> you do not want to loose easily.

If it's important for me to track such meta data within the content I would
turn that option on.

So far, the filesystem's tracking of such information is sufficient.

A more pertinent example where it would be important to me, were if you
were to for example enabling pandoc-markdown syntax rendering/editing
assistance in Zim, this would ideally be handled either by a configurable
file-extension (eg .pmd vs .zmd), or some other mechanism other than
requiring explicit syntax declaration within the content itself.

I guess the difference is I'm coming to Zim as just one app in a whole
ecosystem of tools managing a given dirstruc of plaintext files, similar to
a VCS or search-indexing tool.

I'd like it to (be able to be configured to) remain as transparent as
possible, as that is a unique advantage over other similar tools.