On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Adam Porter <a...@alphapapa.net> wrote:
> I am so close to having it work.  It took some trial and error, and a
> few "Looks like you discovered a bug" dialogs, but finally I cut
> everything out of the InsertTimeDialog (formerly InsertDateDialog)
> class except this in __init__:
>
> class InsertTimeDialog(Dialog):
>    def __init__(self, ui, buffer):
>
> buffer.insert_at_cursor("**"+datetime.datetime.now().strftime('%H:%M')+"**")

How about completely removing this Dialog class and instead putting
your logic to insert a time in the routine that creates the dialog ?
That should simplify things a bit more.

Usually I advice people to look at the "Print to Browser" plugin for
the bar boiler plate to add a menu item and have a single function
called when that menu item is clicked or triggered by the accelerator
key.

Hope this helps, otherwise would have to see the whole plugin you made.