On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM, SultansOfSwing <sultansofsw...@web.de> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> using zim for a while, i had the idea of syncing my notes folders to
> have them available on different computers. Installed a file syncer (I
> think it's not relevant, but for the courious: it is ownCloud) and
> started syncing. But as far as I can tell, the currently running zim
> instance did not pick up changes made to the local file.
>
> Made a test scenario without sync: opened a random page in zim, and
> while it was open, I changed the corresponding file underneath. Zim did
> not pick up changes, and even more, when I went into the page and
> started editing, it complained about the file being changed, and
> proposed to save the page under a different name.
>
> Is this normal at the current state of development, or is it expected to
> work already? I'm a developer, and I would like to help. I think in our
> 'pervasive computing' world, this is something that should 'simply work'.

Current version assumes a page is not changed while you are editing it
in zim. However when zim is restarted or when you open a new page it
will detect changes. Assuming you work on multiple systems the easiest
is to just close zim when you move to another computer. In the case
zim was still open hitting "Ctrl R" to reload the page should do the
trick.

I'm working on active file monitoring, but this is probably 1 to 2 releases out.

Regards,

Jaap