On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Rolf Kleef <r...@drostan.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm encountering two issues with Zim 0.58 and the Journal (formerly
> Calendar) plugin:
>
> 1) The pop-up to insert a date used to have a dropdown box for the
> preferred format; that now seems to be a select box?

As far as my memory goes back it has always been a list view. This has
not changed in recent versions at all. (In fact I can see in our
source history it goes back at least to version 0.43 in 2010)

> on my Ubuntu Unity system, the month box is visible, reducing the format
> list to a single line with the Unity-style scrollbar (the orange line on
> the right-hand side)
>
> When collapsing the month box, the whole list of formats becomes
> visible. It took me a while to discover this...
>
> (see attached screenshots if the list accepts those)

You can resize the dialog to see more entries and the calendar widget.

Unfortunately not something I can easily fix. Setting dialog sizes is
only a hint, the window manager and theming decide how things show up.

> 2) We're working with week-based Journal pages. When inserting a link to
> Jan 1, 2013, the calendar and resulting link properly show "Week 1", and
> when opening the link, it creates a note 2013 > Week 1
>
> But the title within the new note says "Week 53, 2012"

Yes, that is bug #1095694 in the tracker. Blame non-standard compliant
strftime implementation in python. Working on a fix.

Regards,

Jaap