Hi Nomnex, hi all.

Le 08/04/2013 10:23, nomnex a écrit :

no, I don't. I wonder if another XFCE user experienced the same thing?
As long as I start Zim using the zim-clip, all the notebooks I open
use a unique tray icon.

But, if I open a Zim notebook first, and then use the Zim-clip addon; it
creates another instance of the tray icon. I can left click (to see all
the open notebooks)/right click (to open another notebook) on the
zim-clip tray icon (the second one), but I can't left/right click on the
zim tray icon (the first instance) anymore.

I see know what you mean. I can reproduce the behavior: if Zim is already opened, using zim-clip opens another tray icon.

That's strange.

Use case 1 : Zim already open

* Marking a page with zim-clip : opens a second tray icon (instance 1 + instance 2). * Marking another page with zim-clip : still 2 tray icons (instance 1 + instance 2).

Use case 2 : Zim already open

* Marking a page with zim-clip : opens a second tray icon (instance 1 + instance 2). * Marking another page with zim-clip : still 2 tray icons (instance 1 + instance 2).
* Closing the first tray icon  (instance 2)
* Marking a page with zim-clip : only one tray icon (instance 2)

Use case 3 : Zim already open

* Marking a page with zim-clip : opens a second tray icon (instance 1 + instance 2). * Marking another page with zim-clip : still 2 tray icons (instance 1 + instance 2).
* Closing the second tray icon (instance 1)
* Marking a page with zim-clip : opens a second tray icon (instance 1 + instance 2).

Use case 4: Zim closed.

* Marking a page with zim-clip : opens a tray icon (instance 1)
* Marking another page with zim-clip : still one tray icon  (instance 1)

Trying to find out what's happening.

--
Rui Nibau
email: rui.ni...@omacronides.com