On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM,  <walkow...@nowalkowski.de> wrote:
... 8< ...
> The use case is the writing of academic texts and more precisly the support
> of the writing workflow. So it would be styles which doesn't relate to layout
> but which carry workflow related semantics, example: instructions for further
> work like "missing literature", "go deeper into explanation". It's a little
> bit like the tasks "FIXME"... but while working with text it would be nice if
> these things are not only reflected by Kexwords which get visually lost but
> also visually. Other thinks are annotations and the summary of a page, which
> hast to be inline in Zim as there is no extra textfield for such things apart
> from the wikipage but because of this has to be seperated visually from text.
> I thin while typing the main categorial differance why I would like to use
> such styles is to make a visual differance between text and metatext. Of
> cause an even more attractive solution would be to work on different text
> files where one is the main text and one to many are metatext but I am sure
> that's a lot harder to implement.
... 8< ...

For the workflow you may want to look at the tasklist plugin. You can
track FIXME / TODO items (if they appear on a separate line) and find
back all open items in the text from the dialog. Should work fine in
combination with highlighting the text.

For meta text have a look at this feature request:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/1108760 it has a proof-of-concept
plugin attached that might be close to what you want for annotations
and summaries.

Current work ongoing will allow to improve that proof-of-concept and
make the side pane support formatting, links etc. as well.

Regards,

Jaap