In python programming (and many other languages) the "&" and "and"
operators are not the same thing. So you can not just replace one with the
other and expect the code to work. The "&" operator is a binary operator,
while "and" is a logical operator.

See e.g. http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/python_basic_operators.htm to
understand the difference.

Regards,

Jaap




On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM, <janpacov...@centrum.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I stumble upon wierd behaviour while I was editing somethig else the IDE
> changed all ampersands (&) to 'and's
>
> and some things broke - not sure if all
>
> the one problem I noticed was in zim\gui\pageview.py
>
> in line 3428 in the 0.60 version from http://www.zim-wiki.org/**
> downloads/zim-0.60.tar.gz<http://www.zim-wiki.org/downloads/zim-0.60.tar.gz>
>
> (the atachement is just copy of text to ensure correct transfer by e-mail)
> t
>
>
> elif (event.keyval in KEYVALS_LEFT_TAB
>             and not (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)
>         )  -----
>
> elif (event.keyval in KEYVALS_LEFT_TAB
>             and not (event.state and KEYSTATES and ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)
>         )
>
>
> the code handles the shift tab combo
>
> tab shifts content right
> shift tab back but only in ampersand version
>
>
> and all of them are always True
> event.state
> KEYSTATES
> ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK
>
>
> I don't see meaning of this part, can somebody explain why this is here
> anyway?
> event.state and KEYSTATES and ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK
>
>
> ______________________________**______________________________**
> ______________________________
> I am using "windows 8 64-bit", running from sources with python version
> 2.7.3
>
>
>
> INFO: This is zim 0.60
> DEBUG: Python version is sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=3,
> releaselevel='final', serial=0)
> DEBUG: Platform is nt
> DEBUG: Zim revision is:
>   branch: pyzim-trunk
>   revision: 672 jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com-**20130430172720-**
> n6jaw95wiyevdqln
>   date: 2013-04-30 19:27:20 +0200
>
> ______________________________**______________________________**
> ______________________________
> debug info from modified function to print debug info
>
> recorded view is for tab, shift + tab (with cursor placed before text)
>
>
>     def do_key_press_event(self, event):
>         # This method defines extra key bindings. It also triggers
>         # end-of-word and end-of-line signals.
>         #
>         # Note that on maemo only TAB triggers this method, other keys
>         # avoid it somehow
>         #
>         # Calls in read-only mode or selection mode are dispatched to two
>         # methods below.
>
>         handled = False
>         buffer = self.get_buffer()
>         print 'KEY %s (%i)' % (gtk.gdk.keyval_name(event.**keyval),
> event.keyval)
>         print 'STATE %s' % event.state
>
>         print "event.state", event.state
>         print "KEYSTATES", KEYSTATES
>         print "~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK", ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK
>                 #print "(event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)",
> (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)
>         print "(event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)",
> (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)
>                 print "NOT event.state", not event.state
>         print "NOT KEYSTATES", not KEYSTATES
>         print "NOT ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK", not ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK
>                 print "NOT (event.state & KEYSTATES &
> ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)",not (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)
>                 print "NOT with ANDs... KEYSTATES and
> ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)",not (event.state and KEYSTATES and
> ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK)
>                 print'\n\n'
>         if not self.get_editable():
>
>
> KEY Tab (65289)
> STATE <flags 0 of type GdkModifierType>
> event.state <flags 0 of type GdkModifierType>
> KEYSTATES <flags GDK_SHIFT_MASK | GDK_CONTROL_MASK | GDK_MOD1_MASK of type
> GdkModifierType>
> ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK -2
> (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) 0
> NOT event.state True
> NOT KEYSTATES False
> NOT ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK False
> NOT (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) True
> NOT with ANDs... KEYSTATES and ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) True
>
>
>
> KEY Shift_L (65505)
> STATE <flags GDK_SHIFT_MASK of type GdkModifierType>
> event.state <flags GDK_SHIFT_MASK of type GdkModifierType>
> KEYSTATES <flags GDK_SHIFT_MASK | GDK_CONTROL_MASK | GDK_MOD1_MASK of type
> GdkModifierType>
> ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK -2
> (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) 0
> NOT event.state False
> NOT KEYSTATES False
> NOT ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK False
> NOT (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) True
> NOT with ANDs... KEYSTATES and ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) False
>
>
>
> KEY ISO_Left_Tab (65056)
> STATE <flags GDK_SHIFT_MASK of type GdkModifierType>
> event.state <flags GDK_SHIFT_MASK of type GdkModifierType>
> KEYSTATES <flags GDK_SHIFT_MASK | GDK_CONTROL_MASK | GDK_MOD1_MASK of type
> GdkModifierType>
> ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK -2
> (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) 0
> NOT event.state False
> NOT KEYSTATES False
> NOT ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK False
> NOT (event.state & KEYSTATES & ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) True
> NOT with ANDs... KEYSTATES and ~gtk.gdk.SHIFT_MASK) False
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
> Post to     : zim-wiki@lists.launchpad.net
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>
>
_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
Post to     : zim-wiki@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to