On 10 February 2015 at 15:41, YKY (Yan King Yin, 甄景贤) <
generic.intellige...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Zim team,
>
> I'm a newbie to Zim.  I want to be able to type text via an external
> program into Zim's editor.  I'm using Linux, so for example using D-bus
> interface in Python would be nice.
>
> The context:  I'm using my home-brew Chinese text input tool which works
> only in the browser, so I have to copy-and-paste Chinese texts into Zim.  I
> want a way to do that programmatically.

Not a solution, but  I would also like to see the possibility to send text
into zim.
I take daily diary notes during work into the Journal.
I normally work on command line in tmux and would like to stash things
without needing to shift focus to zim.
zim must of course have the page I want to stash into open and 'active' but
it is that anyway.
If it is possible to distinguish between different notebooks, that would be
good, but I can live with closing all other notebooks other than the one I
am logging into.

It will be a great help for distraction free hacking

--
Svenn