Hi.

You might setup a job in a while(1)-sleep-loop (or cron job)
which exports the book periodically, say, every 10 seconds
to some location which is services by a web server (apache ..).
Drawback: You need an external web server.
Benefits: No dependency on zim application and even localhost
being up and running. There is some redundancy and persistence also.

Keep in mind that clients need to reload new pages anyway. They
should be notified about new contents, or they try on occasion.

Another idea is git. Zim works great with git and any time you
create a new version you could generate a html export with a
git hook.

Just ideas..

    Andreas