Greetings list,

Upgraded to 0.62 on Windows 8.1
Zim does not start up - I get a pop up saying Looks like you found a bug -
with the following information.

This is zim 0.62
Platform: nt
Locale: en_US cp932
FS encoding: mbcs
Python: (2, 7, 8, 'final', 0)
Gtk: (2, 24, 10)
Pygtk: (2, 24, 0)
Zim revision is:
  branch: 062
  revision: 739 jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com-20141010192806-wv4x4g58zm67ipfs
  date: 2014-10-10 21:28:06 +0200

======= Traceback =======
  File "zim\main.pyo", line 446, in main
  File "zim\main.pyo", line 211, in run
  File "zim\ipc.pyo", line 283, in start_server_if_not_running
AssertionError: Failed to start server (spawning)

I found around 4~5 references to this issue with google, all ending with a
request to post
the contents of the zim.log file and the zim-daemon.log file.

In my case, there is no zim-daemon.log file in %TMP% but there is a zim.log
file that contains -
                                  ERROR: Exception in main()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zim\main.pyo", line 446, in main
  File "zim\main.pyo", line 211, in run
  File "zim\ipc.pyo", line 283, in start_server_if_not_running
AssertionError: Failed to start server (spawning)

Workaround: Since it says Failed to start server, I tried changing the
properties of zim.exe to "Run as Administrator" and then this problem went
away. (But then it does not read in my preferences from the User directory
- so I want to be able to run zim as my own user and not as Administrator)

What could be the fix?

thanks,
warm regards,
Saraf