Dear all,

I'm about to release a new plugin which helps formatting text to tags.

The idea to this plugin was born out of the need that whenever I have a meeting
with a large number
of participants, it was quite an effort to add all participants as tags (people
tag) into my meeting notes,
even by using my auto completion plugin ;)

Usually, I open the MS Outlook invitation, switch to scheduling assistant and
then copy the list of all attendees into the zim page.

Then I get such a list:
Güven, Ugur Murat;Doe, John;Doe, Jane; and many more;

As my people tags have this pattern @LastnameFirstname I was able to do a quick
hack by using the linesorting plugin
(thanks to Norfcran for the plugin), which worked quite ok.

As you can see, even my full name does not fit into that pattern, as I have a
middle name ;). In addition, some entries had additional information
in brackets next to the name -> Doe, John (Whatever).

Then I thought: 'What if others have other data, where the delimiter is not
semicolon?'

Long story short:

·         You are able to select the delimiter

·         Set the source and the destination pattern

·         Set filters to remove anything from the tags

·         compare the data with existing tags and select similar instead

The current implementation allows this:

Source pattern: %Ln%, %Fn%, %Mn%                  (-> free to use any
delimiter, free to use any text in between %%, pattern needs to reflect the
source data's pattern)
Target pattern: %Ln%%Fn%                                      (-> free to use
order, free to use any delimiter which Zim allows, text used between %% needs
to be the same as in source pattern)

As I'm in the final stage, I'd like to know what the pattern of your tags look
like?
Will this implementation fit to your pattern of tags?

Regards,
Murat