Hi all
previously I had my Zim Wiki in a local folder and kept this in sync with
Seafile, a utility somewhat similar to owncloud. It works but I suspect that
either Zim or git were unhappy with that sort of sync mechanism, which was
working sometimes but most often not.

I am considering moving Zim to a git repository on the server and pull/push
from and to it, thus eliminating the Seafile instance as a middleman. I will
lose the convenience of not having to think about pushing and pulling manually
but hopefully I can stop worrying about occasionally losing data and versioning.

Can someone help me how to realise that transition from an existing local Zim
wiki to the server?

Chris