Besides: An inserted image may be very large. You may want to change its size
with Ctrl-E with te cursor left from the image.

Or via right-Click Context menu on the image itself: "Edit Properties".

Or via Menu: Edit / Edit Link or Object.

You may change the width or height, TAB to OK and it's done.

Thereafter you may have a small thumbnail, that can be zoomed to full size
with an external application (check the application on how to open a
file type with your default file browser).

Best regards,   Andreas