@sultanofswing I tried you suggestion. No outputs there.

However, I seem to have located what could be the problem. The plugin is
directing to winebrowser, however, since it doesn't exist, a wineserver is
created and nothing happens. I don't understand why that selection occurs.
I don't think it is wine related problem since the default is read
correctly for programs run using wine as well.

How do I change the plugin's browser selection?