Jaap,

While you are at it, could you consider moving the codebase to GitHub? It is so much more convenient to have it there.

Having to deal with bazaar is what prevented me from submitting many more patches.

Alex

From: Jaap Karssenberg
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:22AM
To: Jiří Janoušek, Zim-wiki
Subject: Re: [Zim-wiki] plans for python3?

Hi Jiri,

Would like to take you on on that offer. I will set up a branch to be used for porting (I have a preferred starting point, not current trunk).

Strategy wise I believe we need to go to Gtk3 before we can go to Python3, so that will be 2 phases.
For the first step going to Gtk3 I would like to split up the application in modules. Trying to get the basic application running first, than port additional modules and plugins one-by-one.

Let's simply use a wiki page to track progress and who-does-what. I prefer (private) email for quick questions / discussions.

Is this what you had in mind?

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 7:39 PM Jiří Janoušek <janousek.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I have plans to port zim to python 3, but can't commit to a concrete
> timeline on this moment.

I might help with the porting to Python 3 & GTK+ 3. What is the best
place to discuss the strategy? Mailing list, bug tracker or Launchpad
blueprints? I prefer the bug tracker.

Best regards,

Jiri Janousek