Hi Sara,

Yes, we need to improve on release testing, as I just wrote in a new mail
thread, I think we should start working with release candidates for future
releases. However, the problem remains that putting out a release candidate
with a lot of issues still impacts a lot of people who may want to test,
but also do want to do actual work. I fear that not pushing the candidates
to the PPA will mean they are only seen by a limited audience.

Best way to improve the quality before anyone is impacted is by improving
the automated test suite. I was very surprised that the issue with the
headers going missing was not caught by the test suite. Part of my fix is
to make sure the test will now detect this if it ever happens again.

Maybe for other parts of your workflow you can put small scenarios in a bug
report (yes please use github issues) that can be turned in an automatic
test. That will better secure bugs not returning without the burden of
manual testing.

Regards,

Jaap