When I first launch Zim, it is quite snappy. However, after it's been running a while, opening even the smallest pages becomes sluggish.

What would be a good method of profiling Zim's performance to help understand this behavior?

I've tried using `strace', but it just shows Zim is polling a lot, and I'm not sure how to interpret the results.

I am using Zim 0.65-4 on Debian Stretch and have also verified the same slowdown on the latest Github version (0.67, SHA1 is 7a373a788194c36723bd0eed600291e513de9396).

I have not enabled any plugins besides the tray icon.

Nathaniel Beaver