[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> John Redelfs:
>
> And Saddam is?  What makes you think he is behind the
> attack on 9-11?  Actually, if you trace the money and arms
> back another notch, I think you will find that Russia and
> China are heavily promoting terrorism, using these Saudis,
> Iraqis, Afghanis, etc. to hide their meddling.  Maybe we
> should just cut to the chase and attack China, do you think?
>
> _______________
>
> I don't think we're after him because of September 11th.  I
> think we're after him because our president believes he
> plans to obtain a nuclear weapon and use it against us.
>
> I haven't noticed any of those other countries planning to
> do so.

China and Russia are already nuclear powers, and while I don't think they plan on
using nuclear weapons against us, (John may disagree wrt to China, but my point
doesn't hinge on that anyway), they still represent threats in indirect ways.
Russian and Ukrainian and Kazakh nuclear scientists are a dime a dozen and Russia
can't afford to pay them anymore. Guess where they are going? And no metal
detector, no passport and no x-ray machine is going to detect what you have in
your grey matter when you cross borders. China's a threat because they may
threaten the region, but as I say, it's indirect, and in any case I don't think
they have super-regional imperialistic visions.

Pakistan is, as I keep harping about, in my opinion, at least potentially the
most dangerous nation right now to the world as a whole (this is not meant as a
slight to my Pakistani friends in the least, but it is a hard country, born out
of discord, with mistrust as a wetnurse and trained in the ways of violence and
hate), to the west as a civilization and to the United States as a nation-state.
So, I ask myself, is Bush dumb? Ill-advised? I don't think so. Which means there
has to be a reason for this war-mongering. Follow the money.

> On the other hand, terrorism is in every country and among
> every people.  If we are going to cut to the chase, Satan is
> the one we're after.

Bingo. And he doesn't have a capital city we can bomb. You know the saying:
generals are always fighting the last war.

> Larry Jackson

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."

solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the authorís employer,