Rightful owners? Shouldn't the Canal Zone been given back to Colombia
then????  We came to an agreement on the Canal Zone, only AFTER
liberating the Panamanians from Colombia. They agreed to give us low rent
on the place in exchange for their own country. We were just extra
friendly when we gave it totally back to them. Carter didn't right an
error in history, otherwise he would have given Panama back to Colombia.

Carter isn't a traitor. And right wingers don't consider him such. They
just think he's a dunderhead. And they are right. Just look at what his
policies caused, domestically and foreign. Reagan fixed much of it.

As for La Reconquista, I'm aware of it. I think they are goofy if they
think they're going to reclaim California and a few other Western States
for Mexico. I mean, if you want to consider it, we were rather nice to
them 150 years ago and let them keep their capitol city.  ;-)

I'd hate to see the west go back to Mexico, as it would end up being the
quintessential urban decay. Besides, US government officials are corrupt
enough without putting the Mexican system into place.  Within a couple
weeks, the transit systems would be working half as well as they do
today. Postal system? Don't even think about home delivery anymore.

No, I think I'd rather surrender to the Canadians first.  Maybe Marc
could start having some of his relatives slip down here and start taking
over the Northwest, or something....

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Marc:
I won't speak for Clinton, but I think people have a very strange,
backwards view
of the world during the Carter and Reagan era. Have people already
forgotten
things like Iran-Contra and ? Carter managed to right an error in history
when he
gave the canal zone back to its rightful owners, and he just gets accused
by the
right wing of being a traitor. Well, you can't be a traitor with respect
something that was never rightfully your's.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.