Just for Stephen's benefit, and to present a bit of fairness, I thought
I'd write an anti-Liechtenstein post. I was there once. We tried to find
a restaurant that was open but couldn't, so went on to Switzerland. It
takes all of 10 minutes to cross this sorry excuse of a country. It's
run by an archduke who in theory is a dictator. The locals tried to tell
me that it wasn't really a feudal state, but they're all ideologues.
Can't trust 'em. Plus I just heard on the radio that Liechtenstein is
planning to invade Massachusetts, because that's where the infamous
Patriot missiles are made (the ones that can't even hit a Scud but cost
USAmerican taxpayers zillions of francs a year). Now, I don't know if
this is true, but their intelligence service claims it is, so I guess it
must be true.  Naturally, lest I offend any Liechtenstein members, I
ought not remind them that the Church is anti-war in general -- after
all, that's just a principle, and ought not to be applied to any
specific war. It's against war *in general* and Liechtenstein is
planning a war of aggression that's *specific*, not *general*. So I
guess it's okay.

I trust this will make Stephen happy.

But then I'm only on chapter 2 of my telepathy course, so man, I could
be so out to lunch that....nah. Can't be. I think I've nailed it. I'd
bear my testimony about it, even, and anyone who dares speak against the
HG, well, you know where they end up.

“We do not think that there is an incompatibility between words and
deeds; the worst thing is to rush into action before the consequences
have been properly debated…To think of the future and wait was merely
another way of saying one was a coward; any idea of moderation was just
an attempt to disguise one’s unmanly character; ability to understand a
question from all sides meant that one was totally unfitted for action.”
– Pericles about his fellow-Athenians, as quoted by Thucydides in “The
Peloponessian Wars”

Note: This communication represents the informal personal views of the
author solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the
author’s employer, nor those of any organization with which the author
may be associated.