In every age of mankind's sojourn upon this earth, he has supposed that his technology is superior to all those who went before him. Every advance in military technology from the adoption of the English long bow, to the nuclear weapons were are so afraid of, has been accompanied by those who proclaim that this weapon has made war obsolete. When the army first adopted repeating rifles, many supposed that there would never be another war because it would just kill too many people. The same cry was heard after the invention of the machine gun, and so forth.

Let's face it. History proves that every weapon is eventually used. Pandora's box is open. Because mankind is telestial he will use whatever weapons he has regardless of consequence. Have we not used nuclear weapons against an enemy in time of war? The problem isn't the weapon, it is the person who choose whether to wield it or not.

Which brings me to my point. Why should we fear Saddam Hussein's alleged weapons of mass destruction? The history of ancient America should show us that where there is a will to murder, any weapon will do. Entire civilizations have been put to the sword long before there even was such a thing as firearms, bombs, and so-called weapons of mass destruction.

How many people are there on the earth? 3 billion? 4 billion? If every person on the earth were to pick up an ash tray and kill the person next to him, half the population of the earth could be slain by ash trays in the course of a couple of minutes. The problem is the people, not the weapon.

Suppose every person kills the one next to him, and they do it again, and then they do it again. Just how long would it be before the earth would be without inhabitants? This is exactly what was happening in the days of Noah when God was forced to drown the whole of mankind except for Noah and his family. And to a somewhat lesser extent it is the same thing that is happening today all over the earth. It is a spiritual problem, not a technological one. And it cannot be solved by diplomacy, foreign policy, or the military. It can only be solved by the people of this earth turning away from sin, and walking in the ways of the Lord. If they will not do that, then there is no solution. And a problem without a solution isn't really a problem, is it?

Gas, germs, and nuclear bombs are unnecessary for the whole human race to be destroyed. All we have to do is become satanic enough, and we can do it with our bare hands.

I do not want to invade Iraq because I would gladly give my life if doing so could prevent my country from being so dishonorable. Unless Iraq attacks us, we have no reason to attack them. And no amount of sophisticated argument will change that. If we invade Iraq, I will never believe that it was necessary. I will go to my grave believing that all the reasons given are merely a pretext for protecting private western oil interests in the region. The last Gulf War was just trading blood for oil. And so it will be again if we invade Iraq.

We don't need weapons of mass destruction. And we don't need to be afraid of them either. If mankind becomes so violent that we are killed, well... there is a better place on the other side of the veil. I would rather that I and all my family die rather than for us to become murderers or those who consent to murder. And if the Lord does not think we are justified in invading Iraq, murderers is exactly what we will be.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I can image a world without war, a world without fear, a
world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that
world, because they'd never expect it.' --Jack Handy

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///