A bizarre event not long before Watergate -- the spying on the President
(Nixon) and his staff by the Joint Chiefs of Staff -- has been known
before, but the tapes covering the event have just been released, or
were several months ago. I'm a little behind in my reading of the
Atlantic Monthly, but the article is still available online from the
April issue: http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2002/04/rosen.htm

Interesting factoid: the Navy yeoman who was the plant by the Navy in
the President's office was LDS, and it was LDS columnist Jack Anderson
who broke the news about this and many other shenanigans in the Nixon
white house. Nixon was immediately suspicious that the yeoman, who was
quickly transferred, was linked to Anderson via a relationship whose
nature is against the charter to mention or discuss. Nixon seems to have
had an instinctive reaction that all of his enemies were either Reds or
were blackmailed because of their alternative lifestyle.

OTOH, perhaps this was a case of elders of Israel saving the
Constitution in a small way?

Warning: if you read the article, you'll probably feel like you need to
take a shower afterwards.

“The first duty of a university is to teach wisdom, not a trade;
character, not technicalities. We want a lot of engineers in the modern
world, but we don’t want a world of engineers.” – Sir Winston Churchill
(1950)

Note: This communication represents the informal personal views of the
author solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the
author’s employer, nor those of any organization with which the author
may be associated.

${list_promo}