I've seen this one before, too, but it's relatively new. For Canadians who are
interested in reporting instances of this (if it bothers you, or to assist them
in stopping the spam), you can contact the RCMP at:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams/nigerian.htm

The way they put it is, "Please forward Nigerian/African letters to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] The Phonebusters National Call Centre ('PNCC') is a joint
partnership involving the Ontario  Provincial Police and the Royal Canadian
Mounted Police. The PNCC is very inerested in receiving copies of any 'new'
versions of Nigerian letter scheme, particularly those involving Canadian mailing
addresses or telephone numbers. This valuable intelligence information is used to
assist in the strategic targeting of would be fraudsters."

Jim Cobabe wrote:

> If you don't care for Nigerian scams, maybe Zaire will be a happier match.
>
> DEAR FRIEND,
>
> THIS MAY COME TO YOU AS SUPRISE DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE HAVE NOT MET.
> I AM MRS MARIAM SESE-SEKO WIDOW OF LATE PRESIDENT MOBUTU
> SESE-SEKO OF ZAIRE? NOW KNOWN AS DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
> OF CONGO (DRC).  I AM MOVED TO WRITE YOU THIS LETTER,
> THIS WAS IN CONFIDENCE  CONSIDERING MY PRESENT
> CIRCUMSTANCE AND SITUATION.

“Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick
himself up and continue on” – Winston Churchill