As you may recall, I am a stake seminary supervisor (as well as a seminary
teacher and a scoutmaster).  One of my teachers had to stop teaching because
his work now requires him to come in at 6 AM - sort of tough to be in two
places at once if you have a physical body.  This brother let us know about
7 weeks ago, but the priesthood was a tad slow in finding a replacement.
His boss finally said "ahem - uh, we need you now" or words to that effect.

Thus, I have had to take his class (a new teacher has been identified, and I
will offer the assignment in the next day or two).  The point of this post
is that I can think of no job that I would rather have than to teach the
gospel to young people.  It is thrilling and exciting and rewarding beyond
description.  The feelings that I get during class are priceless.  I must
admit that when the alarm goes off at 5 AM, part of me wouldn't mind
ignoring it.  But by the time that the students show up, the Spirit is in
fine form, and the preparation that my now 9 years of Church membership has
given me can be used for a wonderful purpose.

I would become a full time CES employee (rather than the part time voluntary
employee that I am) in a heartbeat.  However, it is not to be, since to do
so I would have to move to Utah for 4 years if they even accepted me.  Alas,
I am supposed to be in the Raleigh North Carolina Stake of Zion at this
time.

Those of you who have had the privilege of being a seminary teacher know
exactly what I am talking about.  To those of you who haven't had the
opportunity, I strongly encourage you to pray and fast to have this
opportunity.  For anyone who is younger and has a four year degree, I urge
you to consider becoming a full time CES employee.

And as a side note, here is a quote from President Kimball that I used today
in class (regarding Doctrine and Covenants section 58):

    "For many years we have been taught that one important end result of our
labors, hopes, and aspirations in this work is the building of a Latter-day
Zion, a Zion characterized by love, harmony, and peace -- a Zion in which
the Lord's children are as one.

    "The vision of what we are about and what should come of our labors must
be kept uppermost in our minds ...

    "As important as it is to have this vision in mind, defining and
describing Zion will not bring it about.  That can only be done through
consistent and concerted daily effort by every single member of the Church.
No matter what the cost in toil or sacrifice, we must 'do it.'"

Jon