You can't keep a good man down.  John went down south but soon returned to the North,
pausing only long enough to visit a few list members.  Having just got back onto the
list from yet another soft bounce, I may be going over old news.

For those who haven't met John Redelfs but have been on the list for some years, you
would recognize him if you met him.  He is very much the person in the flesh as I have
come to understand him via email.  The revelation to me was just how talented his
daughter Rebecca is.  We could all brag about our children for days on end, but John
does have something to brag about in Rebecca.  She's quite accomplished by my
standards; she draws, plays piano and guitar, and sings, too.  Married for only eight
months she is clearly very attached to her husband.  And she impressed my daughter by
being so open and generous with her talent.  So the Redelfs were a hit at the
Gregsons.  John, please pass on to Rebecca my thanks for the sketch she did for Kyria
on Saturday morning.  Kyria was fascinated and delighted by it.

John and I don't entirely see eye-to-eye in every respect.  While we agree on
doctrine, it's in the matter of tastes where we begin to differ, though not so much as
might be expected.  He likes blues and classical but I don't like blues at all and
only occassionally dabble in classical music.  I mentioned Prism as one of the rock
groups I enjoyed as a teenager but I don't really believe that John will like them as
much.  However, Rebecca agreed with me that real maple syrup is far superior to the
artificial junk we usually have to put up with.

What do zion list members talk about when they meet in person?  Some of it is a
continuation of what we discuss online but we spent so much more time discussing
family.  I hardly every mention my family on this list because of some natural
reticence but it doesn't take much to get me puffed up and going like an old steam
engine.

By the way, John, we saw Harry Potter on Saturday night in Spruce Grove.  If you liked
the first you should like the second.  Contrariwise, likewise, I'm sure.  The theatre
has been selling out on Fridays and Saturdays for this movie.  For us it's a great
deal because they have a family rate: $28Cdn for the whole family, not just a weak
definition of one (2 adults and 2 children).  That's about $17.64US for 9 people, or
less than 2 bucks US each.  Compare that with the top of the line Silver City theatre
in the West Edmonton Mall where you will pay $13.95Cdn each for an evening show.
Fortunately, they have matinee prices of "only" $8.50 so I can view "The Two Towers"
in all its splendiferous glory without breaking the bank.

=========  Mark Gregson  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  =========