Gary Smith wrote:

> I dunno, Marc. You claim that Canuckles have the market cornered on
> hysterics and going overboard and such, but Stephen Beecroft sure is
> right up there with the best I've seen come from the Great White North.

That was the point of my sarcasm.

> Perhaps you could grant him honorary Canuckle status and maybe give him a
> job in socialized medicine. Maybe after a few months of seeing how it
> really should work, you'll have converted him to northern liberalism.
> Heck, he may even learn to speak French!

Greater miracles have happened...
And it's hard to argue with results unless one is ideologically prejudiced (in the
literal sense of the word, to pre-judge). After all, Canadian individuals,
government and companies spends less per capita and less as a percentage of GDP on
medicine than the U.S. does, but we have longer life expectancies, greater quality
of life (as judged by international third-party standards), and greater infant
survival rates. And we have similar demographics to boot. Both systems have their
problems and triage is exercised one way or another; we just do it differently.

“Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick
himself up and continue on” – Winston Churchill