The bomber of the Atlanta Olympics and a few Ab clinics, Rudolph, was
captured this weekend while digging in a dumpster in a small town in
North Carolina, where the feds suspected he was. I remember John Redelfs
lamenting a few months ago about how we could ever capture someone like
Osama Bin Laden, if we couldn't even find Rudolph.  I guess this shows
that if one has enough patience, one can find a needle in a haystack.

I'm glad the guy was caught. He murdered several people in cold blood,
pushing his extremist neo-Nazi beliefs. Although he had served in the
military, he didn't get his belief system there. The military teaches the
importance of the Constitution and the rights of each person.  It teaches
that justice must be served via the proper channels, not by lynch mobs or
those who would anoint themselves judge, jury and executioner.

Anyway, short-sightedness and impatience are chronic American problems.
If we can't reach our objective within a few days, many Americans begin
talking about quagmires, etc.  If we were to learn some patience, we
would know that some things take years or decades to accomplish. We
didn't overcome the Soviet threat in a couple years--it took about 45
years from the Truman Doctrine of containment of communism to the
downfall of the Soviet empire.  It took us decades to replace Nazi
Germany with a viable democratic government. Would we expect the
belligerants in the Middle East to take any less time? I don't think so,
and it would be naive to expect such a quick change without first
firebombing them into total humble submission (which we aren't doing).

K'aya K'ama,

Gerald (Gary) Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html         LDS Evidences,