At 07:26 AM 9/9/2003 -0600, St Steven wrote:
At 05:45 AM 9/9/2003, you wrote:
At 06:16 PM 9/8/2003 -0600,St Steven wrote:
Help. I'm in need of a quote. It's a quote from General Conference which says (paraphrased) that in the coming years there will be greater and greater division of the righteous from the wicked. That the righteous will get more righteous and the wicked more wicked, or words to that effect. There must be someone here will have that at their fingertips <grin>.

I, too, remembered that one, but had not been able to remember when. I just did a search and have come up with the following from the April 1983 Conference, Elder Dean L. Larson. It is pretty much as I remembered hearing it. They are wise words with which I have tried to guide my life since then. As he says, it's not always easy. I often see the Saints following a few steps behind (myself included, embarrassed to say).

<begin quote>

<quote deleted, only for brevity>

Thanks, but John provided the quote I was searching for: