My friends,

I concern myself little about the fools who mock the truth.  Their time
is limited, they will wither away like the summer grass, and the truth
will still be strong.

One of the side effects naysayers unwittingly cause is raising the level
of public awareness about the Church.  Certainly most who read of such
evil and unwarranted acts will be sympathetic to the Church.  This may
create opportunites for the Gospel to reach some who would never
otherwise be receptive.

People who attempt to desecrate sacred temple garments little understand
the nature of sacred things.  As I see it, my use of temple clothing is
a symbol representing the covenants I have made with Heavenly Father in
the temple.  The garment is a token, not a magical talisman.  It has no
special temporal or spiritual properties in and of itself.  It is a
physical reminder to me that the power of God is a constant protection
and shield from worldly encroachments, as I remain faithful.  In the
hands of unbelievers, temple garments are not different from other
pieces of clothing.

Those who seek to blaspheme sacred beliefs are simply heaping coals upon
their own heads.  Their acts of attempted desecration are not worthy of
note.  They are apparently not possessed of sufficient intelligence to
be suitably embarrassed about such foolery.

In truth, such gross misunderstanding as exhibited by these malicious
evil doers gives us all the more reason to value our own sacred
relationship with Heavenly Father.