At 02:25 PM 10/21/2003, you wrote:
Dear friends,

I've resubscribed so that I might express to you my sense of loss at
Marc Schindler's passing.  I did not always treat Marc with the respect
he deserved or give adequate weight to his opinions in some matters;
shamefully, I used this very forum more than once to express my
displeasure at him.  In fact, I thought very highly of Marc and learned
much from him, not just about history and politics but about email
communication, maturity, and tolerance for diverse and seeming
wrong-headed opinions.  As I wrote to Marc's father and brother and a
few other people, this world is a better place for Marc's having lived
in it, and I only hope the same can be said for each of us when our time
comes to leave this sphere.

I've offended many of you with my insensitive blundering, or my sharp
tongue, or my occasional sarcasm, or my strange sense of humor that
often sounds like sarcasm.  For that, I apologize and ask your
forgiveness.  Though I am no longer a part of this forum, I have fond
memories of it and its participants, and sincerely wish you the best.

Stephen

Thank you Stephen. As I mentioned earlier (which you might have missed, since you just resubscribed) I will miss Marc. I thought highly of him--even though we had our disagreements.

I think highly of you too. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider and be a part of ZION again?

--
Steven Montgomery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Who was Joseph Smith? The Book of Mormon tells us he was of the seed of Joseph that was sold into Egypt, and hence he was selected as Abraham was to fulfil a work upon the earth. God chose this young man. He was ignorant of letters as the world has it, but the most profoundly learned and intelligent man that I ever met in my life, and I have traveled hundreds of thousands of miles, been on different continents and mingled among all classes and creeds of people, yet I have never met a man so intelligent as he was. And where did he get his intelligence from? Not from books, not from the logic or science or philosophy of the day, but he obtained it through the revelation of God made known to him through the medium of the everlasting gospel.óJohn Taylor