John W. Redelfs wrote:

.  Finally, we called Fred who
> brought his old WWII jeep out.  Fred had better sense than to get down
> into
> the depression where the pinto and two tow trucks were stuck.  He stayed
> up
> on the ridge and let out his winch.  First he pulled out one tow truck,
> then the other, and finally the Pinto.  Both the tow truck operators
> were
> so embarrassed.  They had tried so hard to get out of the depression
> they
> had badly damaged their trucks on the rocks, tearing off their mufflers
> and
> doing body damage.  It was late that night when all of us got home.  Boy
>
> were we tired.  And thank heaven for Fred and his old jeep.

Hey, I heard that one and I don't even know Fred. It was told by  Harold
B. Lee in about the same words:

Harold B. Lee, Stand Ye In Holy Places, p.186
You cannot lift another soul until you are standing on higher ground
than he is. You must be sure, if you would rescue the man, that you
yourself are setting the example of what you would have him be. You
cannot light a fire in another soul unless it is burning in your own
soul. You teachers, the testimony that you bear, the spirit with which
you teach and with which you lead, is one of the most important assets
that you can have, as you help to strengthen those who need so much,
wherein you have so much to give. Who of us, in whatever station we may
have been in, have not needed strengthening?

Tom

> Did you ever hear that one, John?
>

> John W. Redelfs                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "While we cannot agree with others on certain matters, we
> must never be disagreeable. We must be friendly,
> soft-spoken, neighborly, and understanding." (President
> Gordon B. Hinckley, October 2003)
> All my opinions are tentative pending further data. --JWR

"I just pretend I'm a princess, and that I could summarily have her
executed at any time according to my own pleasure.  It gives me great
comfort!" (The Little Princess)