Here is an excerpt from an article by J. R. Nyquist, who in my opinion is one of the leading experts on Communism:

<quote>
You see, when communism died all the communists, all at once, were raptured (like Christians during the "end times"). All those professors at your local university who once talked glowingly of Karl Marx, Uncle Ho and Fidel, were caught up in the clouds and carried off. All that left wing agitation against war and imperialism, all those peace protestors, the Green Party, the politically correct crowd -- none of their ideas have anything in common with communist ideas. And that's why they were "left behind." It's only a coincidence that they hate capitalism, yearn for the collective ownership of the means of production and love the underprivileged. Just because these people subscribe to all the major communist ideas of the past, it doesn't mean they're communists.

Please remember your history. The world's communists were caught up in the twinkling of an eye, on Christmas Day 1991, and nobody has seen hide nor hair of them since.
</quote>

For those interested further, you can read the whole article here:

http://www.jrnyquist.com/nyquist_2003_1109.htm

-- Steven Montgomery [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Wishing to advance in a room full of people, I do not walk through the aisle and straight toward my goal. Nor do I move slowly through the crowd shaking hands with friends and acquaintances, discussing points of interest, gradually nearing the objective. The dialectical pathway is different. It consists of a resolute forward advance followed by an abrupt turn and retreat. Having retreated a distance there is another turn and advance. Through a series of forward-backward steps the goal is approached. To advance thus is to advance dialectically. The Communist goal is fixed and changeless, but their direction of advance reverses itself from time to time. They approach their goal by going directly away from it a considerable portion of the time. Lenin wrote the textbook, One Step Forward, Two Steps Back. Chinese Communist schoolchildren are taught to do the dialectical march taking three steps forward and two steps back. If we judge where the Communists are going by the direction in which they are moving we will obviously be deceived. (Dr. Fred Schwarz, Founder of the Christian Anti-Communism Crusade and Author of, _You Can Trust the Communists: To be Communists_)