All of the other righteous had been translated to the City of Enoch, or
like Methuselah, died of old age prior to the Flood. It seems that some
of that may happen at the last days for us too. Either there will be a
translation of many members (see Matthew 24, where it talks of two in
the field and one taken); or we will have Zion and her stakes as refuges
(see the end of D&C 45, where it states Zion will be a refuge).
The time will come when we will gather out from among the wicked. When
that occurs, you can be assured your family will be safe. Until then,
feel comforted in Pres Packer's promise that if we do all we can with
our children, they will someday come back if they fall away.  I feel
that is a special provision given by God in order to keep the saints out
in the midst of the spiritual dangers we now face, just so the world can
be blessed with our presence for as long as possible.

Still, D&C 87 tells us that in the last days when the last of the slaves
rise up in anger against the Gentiles (which I strongly believe is the
Islamic Extremist attacks going on), we are to prepare for the great
destructions and disasters of the final days; then stand in holy places.
 Believe in God, believe in his miracles.

Unlike the calvary in many old movies, God does show up in the nick of
time.
Gary Smith

John W. Redelfs wrote:

> Gerald Smith wrote:
> >I'm not discouraged. I see this as being part of the plan. God has
> >already told us what would happen in the last days. So, why worry? Do
> >your part, and know that Christ will come out victor in the end. That is
> >where hope lies, in seeing beyond this earthly realm, and into the
> >heavens beyond.
> >
> >If the whole earth turns homosexual, except for the Saints, so what?
>
> I understand the earth just before the Second Coming will be as it was
> in
> the days of Noah.  And from my reading I've learned that the reason God
> had
> to drown the world is because the world had become so wicked there was
> no
> way for a person to raise up a righteous posterity.  Noah, his wife,
> three
> sons, and three daughters-in-law were all that were saved.   What about
> Noah's other children and grandchildren if he had any, his nieces and
> nephews, his siblings?
>
> The point I'm trying to make is that even if things are going according
> God's plan, it is still right for us to worry about our children and
> grandchildren.  What chance do they have to grow up straight and true in
>
> such a world?
>
> If the whole world turns homosexual it won't be "except for the
> Saints."  It will be many that are close to you, your grandchildren and
> great grandchildren.  For me that is a painful thought and a good reason
>
> for family prayer, family scripture study, and Family Home Evening.
> And
> even then our own families will be in terrible danger.
>

> John W. Redelfs                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "I know of nothing in the history of the Church or in the
> history of the world to compare with our present
> circumstances. Nothing happened in Sodom and
> Gomorrah which exceeds the wickedness and depravity
> which surrounds us now."  --President Boyd K. Packer,
> February 28, 2004
> All my opinions are tentative pending further data. --JWR

Gerald (Gary) Smith
geraldsmith@ juno.com
http://www.geocities.com/rameumptom