---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 7:30 PM +0000
From: adam slotnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JPost-Mock Election Results

Hey guys,
I found this in the Jerusalem Post today, our overall mock election
results done by seats and a quote from our favorite Mathias.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/ShowFull&;
cid=1043810397782
American college students give Likud victory in mock vote

College students across North America propelled the Likud to a landslide
victory in mock Israeli elections that took place online and on campus.

The results are: Likud, 50 Knesset seats, Labor, 16, Shinui, 8, Herut, 7,
Green Leaf, National Religious Party, and National Union, all 6 seats,
Meretz and United Torah Judaism, 4 each, Hadash, Shas and Yisrael B'Aliya
3, Tzomet, 2, and Men's Rights Party and United Arab list with 1 seat
each.

More than 70 universities participated in the mock elections, and
organizers said they estimate that several thousand students took part in
the voting.

"With a few exceptions, the results are remarkably similar to those of
the actual elections," said Elliot Mathias, director of the Hasbara
Fellowships, a program of Aish HaTorah, which implemented the program on
campus. "This shows that students are not detached from the reality in
Israel."

The mock elections were held through a web site developed by Upstart
Activist.

Or send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]