Date: Sunday, February 23, 2003 9:48 AM +0200
From: Women in Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Our Peace Partners

Our Peace Partners

I do not always watch the 8 PM news here on TV which is the hour of the
national news here.  Tonight, since it's freezing outside with lots of rain,
thank G-d, I was curious to see how our Israeli TV reporters were explaining
the delays of George W.'s war due to the extorting Turkey leadership.

The lead story was the most important one that I have seen or that most of
you out there have not yet heard through the networks in the Diaspora.  The
military correspondent, Ronny Daniel, was inside a bulletproof command car
being driven by the Sgan Aluf(Colonel) M. inside the Casbah of Schechem
(Nablus).

We watched as the IDF Golani unit 202 comprised of paratroopers were going
from house to house inside the 700 year old Casbah of Schechem Since last
Passover's massacre in Netanya on Seder night, our IDF has been in and out of
Schechem unable to finish the 'job,' because Arik Sharon knowingly allowed
his coalition partner, the former Defenseless Minister Ben Eliezer of Labor
to run for its leadership while running down our IDF.

Tonight, we sat back with our mouths wide open and frozen in anger and
disbelief.  As Ronny Daniel, Colonel M. and soldiers entered an Arab's house
in Schechem, the cameras were filming the three floor 'find' of the IDF
Golani heroes today.  The 'family' of Arab men, women, and children were
escorted out of this house before the IDF engineering unit began to cut apart
the tiles of the kitchen floor. The area below the kitchen was filled with
hundreds of bags of nails, bolts, and screws in quantities that were
apparently more than ACE Hardware's supply in your local mall!   The heating
and soldering machines were assembled with oil, gas, and combustible
materials for the next tens of bus bombs being assembled.

On the second floor of this 'residential house of militants, activists, and
residents' (sic), the cameras followed the explaining  Colonel M. and our
correspondent, Ronny, and we watched as more of our IDF soldiers were
removing the walls of the 'kids' bedrooms' to find hand grenades, guns that
the Arabs had received and stored.  On the 3rd floor of this house, the
camera crew captured the bomb belts, their pieces and parts with all sizes,
colors, and widths of belts, again more choices than your local belt rack in
Nordstrom!

As the officer and soldiers went to the next house in search, the soldier
began to shout excitedly on his find in this house.  Here we watched again
and saw dynamite sticks and fuses inside kids' school bags which our kids
carry with school books.  There must have been  dozens of assembled school
bags with bombs inside.  Cellular phones and clocks were discovered which are
the alleged methods of detonation by remote control of some of the Arabs'
terror.

The Colonel M. stated to the correspondent inside Schechem's Casbah that the
IDF is now here for months to clean up, capture, destroy as much of these
terror tools as possible.  The questions we had comprised of why did we
leave, enter, leave, enter, and now have to come back again in the past
months, year?

I turned off the TV as I knew that this rare habit of watching the news was
dangerous to my health, but tonight's coverage of why we and our soldiers
have to go house to house to search and destroy rather than utilize our
airforce in one night will not be covered by CNN, BBC, or Reuters antisemite
club groups.  Instead we will be faced with possible IDF injuries or G-d
forbid deaths in the coming weeks of this long delayed action by the IDF
under Shaul Mofaz, a Defense Minister who also knows what the word Offense
means, because we Jews cannot do that which others can do in nonstop aerial
bombing (remember Afghanistan last year?).
Efrat, February 23, 2003
Harvey Tannenbaum

Women For Israel's Tomorrow  (Women in Green)
POB 7352, Jerusalem 91072, Israel
Tel: 972-2-624-9887 Fax: 972-2-624-5380
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.womeningreen.org
To contribute: https://host5.apollohosting.com/womeningreen/donation.html

To subscribe to the Women in Green list,
please send a blank email message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Zionist-Info is a service of ZOA.
Post messages to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message archive is at: www.mail-archive.com
{ NOTE: Please post messages in plain-text ONLY }