Folks,

I have now called the whitehouse comment line at 202-456-1111 .  I was on
hold for ~4 minutes, then spoke to a person with my comments on Israel.

I have also sent the email below to:

- President Bush ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
- Vice President Cheney ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
- Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
- Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum ( from his web page at:
  http://santorum.senate.gov/emailrjs.html)

I urge you all to do the same (to the appropriate senator if you are not
in Pennsylvania).  Please feel free to use parts of my email.  If you do,
don't forget to personalize it with your own info. and comments.

Jacques

------------
Subject: Aid to Israel

Dear <person>,

I am a Ph.D. student at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, and
former president of graduate student government.  I am writing to express
my full support for US aid to Israel in the form of $12 billion in aid and
loan gaurantees.

Israel is our only true ally in the Middle East, and is the only
pro-American country to be found in that region of the world.  We have a
duty to support our friends...and to stop our enemies.

There are inumberable reasons why the American people support Israel.
 There are equally many reasons why our government should continue to do
so:

- We support Israel because she is a democracy, in a region filled with
tyrants and dictators.

- We support Israel because women have full rights, in a region where
women have none.

- We support Israel because she teaches her children peace, in a region
where children are taught to hate.

- We support Israel because her people are free to follow whatever faith
they choose, in a region where non-believers are converted or put to
death.

- We support Israel because she allows freedom of speech, in a
region where criticism of authority is severely punished.

- We support Israel because she metes out justice equally for all, in a
region where strict Islamic laws mete out punishment with no recourse.

- We support Israel because she educates her people, in a region where
most of the population is kept illiterate.

- We support Israel because she provides a high standard of living for all
of her people: Jews, Christians, and Muslim-Arabs alike, in a region where
populations are kept in abject poverty for the gains of the few.

- We support Israel because she allows freedom of media, in a region where
censorship and state control are the norm.

- We support Israel because she protects the historic and religious legacy
of all the world's people, in a region where ancient monuments like the
millennium old buddhas are destroyed, and the religious sites of
"non-believers" are desecrated.

- We support Israel because she weeps for the deaths of innocents in the
World Trade Center attack, in a region where most celebrate.

- We support Israel because she mourns the loss of the space shuttle
Columbia and her crew, in a region where most view it as G-d's retribution
on America.

- We support Israel because she has sued for peace, in a region where the
standard response has been "no negotiations, no peace, no Israel."

- We support Israel because she continues to join America in standing for
peace, freedom, liberty and equality.

It is our duty to support those whose values and morals we share.  As our
representative, I urge you to do your utmost to ensure that America and
Israel remain strong.  Support the $12 billion in aid and loan gaurantees
to Israel.

Sincerely,
<you>

Zionist-Info is a service of ZOA.
Post messages to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message archive is at: www.mail-archive.com
{ NOTE: Please post messages in plain-text ONLY }