Just to let you know that our efforts are not in vain :)

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Sunday, March 30, 2003 1:30 PM -0500
From: Noah Joseph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Victory at Concordia!

Dear Friends,

It gives me great pleasure to announce an amazing feat: the
anti-establishment "establishment" at the Concordia Student Union has
been defeated. At 6 a.m. this morning, CSU Chief Electoral Officer
Stephan Herman announced the results of the CSU General Elections.    *
"Evolution" took the CSU Executive by an impressive margin of over 1000.
This was the slate of executives that received backing from Concordia
Hillel, and seeks to promote student interests (as opposed to an
anti-Israel activist agenda).    * Along with the Executive, our team
took a narrow margin of control over the CSU Council of Representatives.
Councillors include Hillel activists Naomi Sarna and Rachel Guy.    * We
also took three out of the four student seats on the university's Senate,
including our very own Adam Spiro for the John Molson School of Business.
  * Noah Joseph (that's me) took one of the two directly elected seats on
the university's Board of Governors.

I'll also point out that Laith Marouf (anti-Israel activist, former CSU
Vice President and reported nephew of the Syrian foreign minister) failed
to gain enough votes to be elected to Council. Neither did current CSU
VPs Sameer Zuberi and Kaelia Curtis.
The exact figures, I'm sure, will soon appear on the Link website
(thelink.concordia.ca).
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who worked so hard to
support our election efforts, and to acknowledge the efforts of the Asper
slate who fought valiantly. I'd like to particularly congratulate my
friend and colleague Noah Sarna who worked much harder than I to make
these election results the success that they were.
Hashem Oz Le'Amo Yiten, Hashem Yevarech Et Amo Va-Shalom.

Shabbat Shalom,
Noah

--------------------
Noah Joseph