Just thought I'd put in a word for Leftish Israelis, although I don't agree
with them about the terrotories:
There is so much hatred in Israel perpetrated by the religious fanatics who
draw swastikas on Zionist signs and don't even fight in the army, living
while studying Torah on the paycheck of some poor mechanic in Akron.  On the
taxes of hard-working Americans like you and me.
Israel will lose more and more support should Gush Emumin and the other
fanatics institute a theocracy.  Leftish Zionists, like Amos Oz, don't have
a racial superiority complex that is anti-humanist.  (Oz)
Religious jews can be pro-Israel, but the truth is that while wanna-be
Zionists don't actuallly have to pick up arms to serve in the army, real
Zionists are dying for something different than a racist theocracy that no
Messiah would ever visit. (Oz.). Those on the religious right don't fight
for what they believe in.  Polina V. insists that the YZOA is a right-wing
organization, and in that case, I'll join the real Zionists when I leave for
the army there.  Although I am NOT Jewish by Orthodox standards (although
the Torah suggests that differently), I have a right to be a Zionist, like
any old-school kibbutzer.
I guess you'll cut me off your mailings, which is your loss, but I don't do
"right-wing" stuff.  I'm hawkish and passionately committed to the State of
Israel, but I'm not about theocracies.  That's what the Left is trying to
say:  Give us our land; preserve our peace and the right to live without
Diaspora, but don't cram your fixations down my throat.  Next time you
criticize the left, think of Begin; think of Hertzl, think of any of the
powerful Jewish kings of seasons past.  They weren't doves, but they didn't
advocate a special classist place for the holier-than-thou caste.
-Kate Zangrilli
-I still would be intersted in furthering the cause, even though P suggests
that I'm too left-wing.  I'm sure you remember all my efforts on many
levels, and I am willing to put up with whatever racism you have in store
for me...for the sake of the State of Israel.