Hi all,

I agree that we need to start getting ideas on the table and start figuring
out how we can grow and contribute our efforts the best way possible. We
need to do allot of brainstorming and bouncing ideas around ourselves to
really come up with cleaver and effective solutions - we really need to
think of all the things we could do and then collectively decide which
things are more appropriate and effective than others. I don’t know if the
launchpad is the best environment for us but I will def give it a try.

We also need to organise ourselves better, I suggest we form teams or loops
on subjects of interest and expertise so we can discuss more specific topics
within those loops without wasting time on people who have other
interests/expertise.

At this time point I think our efforts should be concentrating on growing
and promoting the movement as well as our team and our projects. Thus we
should be thinking of ways to attract and engage people by providing
development solutions. Some ideas that have been floating in my head include
promotional viral sitelets, empowering virtual flash mobs, and various
educational and organizational tools.

Let me explain the above in more detail, what I mean by small promotional
viral sitelets is really a way to advertise the movement, think of viral
advertising online campaigns - one that ive seen recently include:

www.pomegranatephone.com and www.localsknow.ca

For example the pomegranate phone site starts out as something completely
different to engage the audience raise interest to the promoting subject -
which is nova scotia, perhaps we could make sites similar to this, maybe not
so polished and flashy, but have the same effect, engage the audience by not
revealing its ties to the ZM at first - but revealing it later as the
audience engages the site out of interest, and getting them to spread the
site to their friends and colleagues.

The other idea is virtual flash mobs, similar to the flash mobs that gather
at certain locations at determined time to perform some action collectively.
In our case we could have a site where members could facilitate the same
effect – virtually and physically, think of what would happen if a ZM
article was digg'd by 2000 members in one day - it would be likely in the
top 10 digg.com articles for the day and would be exposed to tens of
thousands of online readers.

Some more ideas on viral and flash mob campaigns can be found on this
thread:

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=99999&func=view&catid=233&id=207098

Anyways, hope everyone has a great new years eve and let’s get ourselves
ready for a new decade of new possibilities and opportunities for the
movement and a brighter future.

Cheers,

Tom (tomeks)