Hi,

I had the idea of creating a TS3 bot that could do that automatically in order to help all the people in the ZM movement to get instant access to the TS3 meetings (chapters, work teams, etc) recordings so we don't get a bottle neck in the access of information.

If anybody would like to collaborate with ideas/implementations of the bot, please answer at this mailing list thread.

This is how I think we could start developing the bot:

- A python script would be conected to the TS3 API of our server and will read all the private messages sent to it.
The message-commands for the bot could be:
-

* Start Recording on channel xxxx
* Stop Recording
* Upload last recording
-> it could upload it as Creative Commons in archive.org for example that has unlimited space and online audio streaming.
       -> also it could upload also to dropbox public account
* Status -> will give u info about which user is recording, how long is the recording so far, the percentage of the uploading, etc
* Help -> it will give u the commands that u can ask the bot

Extra future wishlist features:
* Audio Streaming -> it could stream the current meeting without need of some "listeners" to install/use teamspeak just by browsing a url. (Useful for mobile phones with internet access).

The way this could be automatized would be by using a opensource program named
http://members.home.nl/wijnenjl/Record_Playback_Python_TclTk_INI_Wx_EN_01.html
that allows you Play recorded XWindows actions(move mouse, type keyboard keys, etc) or something better.

Once the .wav is created, a fast wav2mp3 script could be called and use another script to do the uploading(to archive.org or dropbox for example as I said).

Well, anybody wants to help on this?

Best Regards.
Ivan.
Spanish Chapter.