Tim Peters wrote:
[Rajeev J Sebastian]

Is there some means provided by ZODB/Zeo by which I can get notified
about changes to certain objects after performing sync() ?

There is not.  Object state is loaded by calling its __setstate__() method,
and you may be able to hack something out of that, but you would need a good
understanding of the implementation to do more good than harm playing at
that level.

But such a feature could be really nice to have.

Also, is it possible to have sync() run automatically (ie, without me
calling it after a timeout) ?

We should probably think harder about the semantics of sync. But it implied a transaction boundary -- specifically, an abort. You wouldn't want this to happen automatically.

ZEO is intended to be run with an asyncore mainloop running too.  There was
a thread about that here just last week, starting here:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2005-April/008722.html

We can do a lot better though, especially now that we have the ISynchronizer API. I would argue that a conection that gets an afterCompletion call should call sync on it's storage. This would have avoided the problem cited above I think.