One way to potentially soften the impact of cache busting by spiders
might be to allow Zope to choose a particular ZODB connection based on
request parameters (like sessionid or requesting ip address, or most
likely user agent in the case of "legitimate" spiders).  This is a
modification to Zope that would be largely independent of ZODB, however,
so might be more appropriate to discuss on zope-dev.