Dieter Maurer wrote:
  Let a bug occur in some component and then, instead (or in addition)
  of fixing the bug, we say often: rip the component off Zope.

  That was threadened for "Version"s, and "ZClass"es and now
  for "Refresh".

Well, they all don't work right, confuse people are aren't maintained, or a combination of all three. I'm sure if people who cared about them were willing to work on them (ie: you!) then they might have stayedin the core, but your refusal to sign a contributor agreement means there isn't anyone. Unsupported code is dead code, and unless it needs zero maintenance, which isn't true for any of the above, then it has no place being in the core...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk