Hello,

I am working on a non-Zope app that needs to be notified when objects in
the database change (to update the GUI). How can I get this notification
in all cases including when the object is ghosted? I would really like
to avoid polling.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to register a function that is called
whenever a certain object is changed or is called whenever any object is
changed with the oid of the object.

Realistically, I'd like to have a very cheap operation to check if
anything has changed, if it has then I would call transaction.begin() to
update my view of the DB (is there a faster way to update the view?) and
then get a list of objects that were changed so I can do the GUI update.

Thanks in advance. ZODB is an amazing system. It's been a blast to play
with it.
-Arthur