On Oct 8, 2005, at 6:08 AM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

Chris McDonough wrote at 2005-10-5 09:58 -0400:

...  savepoint difficulty ...
Sure.  BlobStorage is a wrapper around an existing storage.  The
wrapped storage's connections might support savepoints, which implies
that they support rollback.  But supporting rollback for a
BlobDataManager is non-trivial because you'd need to make copies of
all writable blobs involved in the transaction and maintain the file
position state for all writeable and readable blobs in order to roll
back to exactly that state.

Why not make the additional wrapper transparent as
soon the object is written (i.e. directly read (and write)
from the underlying storage, once the object was modified).

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand the suggestion. Could you say it a different way?