Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 13. Oktober 2005 00:52:02 -0400 Chris Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If one thread writes to an object on one connection, and another thread
does the same on another connection, then one calls transaction.commit(),
will the all the changes in both connections be commited? Is there a way
for threads to maintain separate transactions?

The first thread to commit wins. The second one will see a WriteConflictError exception. THat's how the ZDOB works: first come, first serve.

-aj

I don't understand. How would two different threads, operating on different data, committing at different times be in any sort of conflict? I thought ZODB only raises a ConflictError when the same object is written to by different threads?

Chris