Dear ZODB developers

I am not sure whether ZODB is the right thing to use for my needs. So, what do I want?

I have a number of threaded objects that have a context as a separate entity. The object and context need to be separated to allow for the threads to run asynchronously while their context aspects are shared in an environment model. The context aspect contains attributes that are perceivable from other objects, such as location, speed, colour etc.

Now, my question is this: can I use ZODB to store my context objects and retrieve them by various attibutes. For example, can I look up easily all objects that have x and y coordinates within a given range? Or all objects of a given colour without knowing their names or paths?

I hope that my question is clear, otherwise, please ask.

thanks for your help
André